Junior Business Intelligence Analyst
Utility Point have enjoyed phenomenal success in a short space of time with both our energy business, Utility Point and sister company Utility Point Telecoms.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the company in its infancy and help take it through the next stages of rapid growth and diversification. Utility Point have a unique and exciting opportunity for a Junior Business Intelligence Analyst to join our vibrant and energetic team based in Poole town centre.
We strive to provide exceptional customer service whilst offering competitive energy prices. We are looking for a person with the ability to think critically, answer the “why?” questions, and has an eye for accuracy. This is a role that will give you exposure to the entire business with the opportunity to make a real difference to Utility Point
- Own the end to end reporting process on delivering competitor intelligence and our market position to key stakeholders.
- Turning data into insights for key business stakeholders by developing and maintaining dashboards and working on data projects based on business needs.
- Support various ad-hoc reporting requests that may require development of new reports, dashboards, ETL processes, or data modelling.
- Ensuring key reports to policy makers, and regulatory authorities are delivered ahead of time.
- Working closely with our Business development team to identify what works, what doesn’t and what we can improve on.
- Build effective relationships within all areas of the business and work in a collaborative and professional manner.
- Support the pricing function with the build and roll out of new tariffs and products.
- You have experience of working closely within an operational environment whilst being both inquisitive and a keen problem solver.
- You could be from an analytical background, but you will have a great eye for detail helping you to spot trends and insight where others only see numbers. Think of finding signals in between all that noise.
- You won’t be phased by complex formulas in Excel.
- You might have T-SQL and an experience with a data visualisation tool (Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik), but it’s okay if you don’t. We can teach you!
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and interpersonal (English GCSE A)
- A keen eye for detail is essential
- Ability to structure own time, use initiative and prioritise effectively
- Be able to work well under pressure, have a flexible attitude and be responsive to change
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Prepared to travel and work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends when required).
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised parking very close to our offices
- Great working environment with view over Poole Harbour, Poole park and the Purbecks.
- Flexible working hours
- On the job training
- Dress down Fridays (every Friday)
- Free tea/coffee and soft drinks
- Pastry Mondays
- Regular team activities including nights out/theme park visits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- 29 days annual leave, your Birthday off on us!
- Staff discount
- 4% pension contribution