Senior Business Analyst
Who We Are
Utility Point is committed to creating long term sustainable value for everyone connected to our business and the communities we proudly serve.
We are the fastest growing energy company on the south coast. Our colleagues are based in our 2 stunning Poole offices offering panoramic views of both Sandbanks and Studland. We’re a leading domestic utility provider with a difference, we put customers at the heart of all we do and we reward their loyalty. Every member of our team strives to deliver an outstanding service for our members at every touch point whilst focusing on efficiency. By working together in this way we have quickly grown whilst not losing sight of our customer ethos.
As a Times Top 100 Best Employer, We have exciting plans to drive more growth and create more satisfied members. As part of our ambitious plans we’re always looking for talented people to join our Utility Point family and help us build on the future of our business.
Efficiency. Dedication. Together.
The role of the Senior Business Analyst includes the following:
- Business Intelligence analytics – report on KPIs to stakeholders, and oversee 3rd party Request For Information production for industry regulators.
- Continuous Improvement analytics – where there is a gap for improvement, pave the way for change, measuring where we came from, the journey, and where we are at the end.
- IT -including some back office support, Azure estate, and data infrastructure.
- Business analysis – Aid strategy by having open discussions with all. Collect data to inform and present analysis. Be a key person to our 3rd part CRM provider.
- Business acceptance testing – Ensure rigorous testing has been carried out before we go live with a new features.
- Modelling and forecasting on multiple levels; Customer modelling, Energy trading modelling, Financial modelling.
The Senior Business Analyst will have experience or skills in the following:
- Experience in the support or leading a team of analysts to produce actionable insights for stakeholders.
- Producing and implementing key analytics strategy across the company.
- Background / awareness in Finance would be desirable.
- Proficient in using both SQL and Excel.
- Proficient in visualisation tools, such as Tableau, or Power BI.
- Have worked in a fast-paced environment.
- Efficient stakeholder management across all levels.
- Ability to automate infrastructure processes, e.g. through Powershell or SSIS.
- Having knowledge of Hadoop, or Azure Data Lakes would be advantageous.
Are you the spark we are looking for? If so, we would love to hear from you…
To ensure your details reach the correct person, please email
email@example.com with a copy of your CV and a brief introductory email.
- £40,000 – £45,000 salary per annum, depending on experience
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- 29 days annual leave (including bank holidays), plus your Birthday off on us!
- Flexible working hours
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised parking near to our offices
- On the job training
- Excellent employer pension contribution
- Regular team activities including nights out/theme park visits
- Staff discounts for various entertainment, shops, restaurants etc
- Great working environment with view over Poole Harbour, Poole Park and the Purbecks.
- Dress down Fridays
- Free tea/coffee and soft drinks
- Pastry Mondays
Use the form below to contact us about this opportunity.