Social Media & Digital Marketing Executive
Utility Point have enjoyed phenomenal success in a short space of time with both our energy business, Utility Point and sister company Utility Point Telecoms. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the company in its infancy and help take it through the next stages of rapid growth and diversification. Utility Point have a unique and exciting opportunity for a Social Media & Digital Marketing Executive to join our vibrant and energetic team based in Poole town centre.
Assist with the strategy for Utility Point’s social media channels and manage content creation. Support the team in the PR activation plan, taking responsibility for campaign toolkits and product training.
Maintain the Utility Point product pages for both the energy, telecoms and other associated brands/products. Use insights to optimise these seasonally. You will be involved in a wide array of marketing activities from project management of new campaigns and partners through to design and maintenance of webpages. You will create and design content to be published both internally and externally ensuring alignment to tone of voice and brand guidelines.
Duties will include; marketing and website administration, creating and updating social media platforms, as well as coordinating the ordering of marketing material.
Understand the Utility Point consumer; support the team in building consumer and customer understanding; champion this insight into the brand planning and brand communications, ensuring that the consumer is at the heart of all marketing activity and to manage delivery of the marketing assets.
- Support and work with the team to develop and action social media strategy
- Research current market trends, competitors, influencers etc and identify opportunities
- Monitor social conversations, interact and engage with others online on behalf of the brand
- Schedule or post daily, creating a social media publishing calendar and keeping content relevant and fresh
- Analyse social media performance and report on progress (weekly/monthly)
- Supporting and attending retail, trade and press events
- Develop, design and implement a digital marketing plan to run alongside other marketing initiatives
- Enhance the company’s digital presence and online engagement
- Manage/update the company website, both from a design and user experience perspective
- Manage PPC and ensure maximum ROI
- Manage SEO and GA accounts
- Write engaging online copy including blogs
- Produce weekly reports on digital marketing activity
- A love and passion for social media and an in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and brand specific utilisation of these
- A proven track record of growing social audiences
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing SEO and PPC campaigns
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and interpersonal (English GCSE A)
- A keen eye for detail is essential
- Ability to structure own time, use initiative and prioritise effectively
- Ability to recognise opportunities with other brands and synergies with industry news
- Good research and Internet skills
- Be able to work well under pressure, have a flexible attitude and be responsive to change
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Prepared to travel and work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends when required).
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised parking very close to our offices
- Great working environment with view over Poole Harbour, Poole park and the Purbecks.
- Flexible working hours
- On the job training
- Dress down Fridays (every Friday)
- Free tea/coffee and soft drinks
- Pastry Mondays
- Regular team activities including nights out/theme park visits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- 29 days annual leave, your Birthday off on us!
- Staff discount
- 4% pension contribution