Priority Services Register (PSR)– extra support for those in need
You can apply for the Priority Services Register (PSR), or a family member/carer can apply on your behalf, if you’re:
Living with dementia
Of pensionable age
Living with children under 5
Experiencing mental health issues
Living with learning difficulties
Unable to speak English
Temporarily experiencing difficulty due to life-changing events (things like: an operation, pregnancy, redundancy or bereavement).
Choose from 3 ways to apply:
Print out this application form and email it to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on 03455 57 78 78 (Monday to Friday 9am-6:30pm) and we can register you over the phone.
- If you prefer fill out the form below
The PSR is completely free and confidential and it means you’ll always get the help you need, particularly in an emergency.
We’ll work out exactly how to support you when you apply, but here are some things we can do:
- Give you notice if we know about a planned power cut, which is especially important if you have medical equipment that needs powering.
- Send your Utility Point bills in large print; or send duplicates of your bills to a friend, carer, or family member.
- Provide a free annual Gas Safety Check if you’re eligible to receive one ensuring your gas appliances are working safely.
- Send an engineer to read your meter (if you don’t have a smart meter) and arrange a password for the engineer to give you before you let them enter your home.
- Read your bills out to you each month if you’re visually impaired.
When you sign up to PSR, you’re consenting to your data being stored on our secure systems. We’ll never share it with anyone for marketing purposes (so you won’t receive sales calls). But sometimes we’ll share it with those who supply and maintain the supply of electricity and gas to your home, including:
You can tell us not to share your data, but it means we might not be able to meet your needs. For example, in the event of a power outage, we couldn’t tell a network operator to prioritise your power should you need it. We also couldn’t include you in our password scheme or give you a Gas Safety Check.